Final Program and Conference Proceedings: 7th International UHMWPE Meeting in Philadelphia
The Implant Research Center of Drexel University and Exponent, Inc., have archived the final program and conference proceedings for the 7th International UHMWPE Meeting, which was convened at the Union League, Philadelphia PA, USA, on Thursday and Friday, October 22 and 23, 2015. The purpose of the meeting was to bring together engineers, scientists, and clinicians from academia and industry and present leading edge research on advancements in medical grade UHMWPE technology and clinical applications. The focus of the 7th meeting was on clinical and retrieval studies of highly crosslinked UHMWPE (HXLPE); novel UHMWPE articulations with ceramic and PEEK bearing surfaces; advances in thermal processing and new antioxidant technologies for UHMWPE; astructural composites and woven fiber applications of medical grade UHMWPE; as well as advances in biologic aspects of UHMWPE wear debris.
Key Questions Addressed in the Conference:
• What are the long-term results for 1st generation HXLPEs?
• What the risks and benefits of HXLPE in the upper extremity, ankle, and spine?
• How do the short-term results for anti-oxidant additive stabilized HXLPE compare with 1st generation HXLPE?
• Are there new thermal processing or additive technologies for HXLPE?
• What are the advances in structural composites and fiber applications of UHMWPE for surgical applications?
The 7th International UHMWPE Meeting was sponsored by Celanese.
Sign in required to download a PDF copy of this Publication.SIGN IN